You know that time when you feel like you need a little extra cash? Usually around holiday season and bill season such as council rates and car registration. There are numerous ways to do this and the topic of “how to make money” has considerable attention in the search engine. Get rich schemes are not worth your time, however there are a few things that are worth your time to make a few extra bucks on the side.
This site is perfect for multi skilled people, you can even put your main skill to good use too. The jobs are endless from cleaning, to hammering a few nails in the wall, picking up goods and making deliveries, writing reports, administrative tasks and so much more. In one month I was able to make $500 on Airtasker by doing odd jobs.
Succeeding on Airtasker is all about your attitude. If you think a job is beneath you, or if you are going to cost up every minute of your time, then simply don’t bother. Airtasker is a community based service not a job seeking service. Your only entitlement is getting paid for the job done. The emphasis is on odd jobs for side money.
Stuff around the house
Turn your unwanted items into cash. Cash for clutter is a huge way to monetise on those things shoved in drawers and in other nooks and crannies. For example, those dresses or jeans you have not worn for the last 3 years, take a really good think if you need it. The most difficult thing about doing this is keeping items for that just in case moment. Apparently, the average household has about $1,000 to $2,000 of stuff not in use around the house.
How to sell your unwanted items:
- Garage sales are free and easy. Advertise on your local community board, Facebook and gumtree
- eBay is great for targeting a mass audience. You will need to pay fees for every item you sell, so make sure you factor in the fees to your listing price. Don’t forget to add on postage
- Gumtree is a free option to sell your items and also has a decent market
- Facebook has a variety of well-established community groups with titles like “buy, swap, sell”. Find one in your area, join the group and post for free
- Markets are also a good option with lots of foot traffic. The fees vary according to site size and location. Team up with family or friends to increase your product offering and share the stall cost.
Contribute to the comments below with your ideas how to make a little extra cash on the side for those down times.